Stock Market Writers - (Austin, TX/Telecommute)
Do you have a passion for researching and writing about the stock market?
Does the idea of learning and working alongside some of the brightest minds in the financial publishing industry get you excited?
StreetAuthority is one of the fastest growing publishers in the industry. We're focused on one thing and one thing only: publishing premium financial content that helps investors navigate today's markets and profit -- no matter what.
This kind of person we're looking for is an entrepreneurial individual who has familiarity with the stock market and investing, has some writing experience, and wants to help our company grow our loyal following.
So whether you're an analyst that's been writing on the side and looking to make a career change, a self-taught financial guru, or a young and hungry recent graduate looking to get into the business (or all of the above), we want to hear from you.
The right candidate will reside in Austin, TX or be willing to relocate. We've found that it's essential for our writers to be able to talk in person with each other, our marketing team and the rest of our staff about what works best in order to create the best content possible.
As a Stock Market Writer for StreetAuthority, you will be a part of our in-house bullpen of writers, editors and researchers. That means on any given day you could find yourself working with content from our premium newsletters and adapting it for our free editorial products, writing an article for StreetAuthority.com under your own name, or doing your own value-added independent research for one of our newsletters or articles.
At StreetAuthority, we pride ourselves on coming up with ways to profit from the market that individual investors won't readily find through traditional mainstream financial media. Our subscribers pay us good money for our ideas, and that means we have to be independent and creative. Often times this means we have to tell our readers what they need to hear, not what they necessarily want to hear.
In short, the kind of writing we're looking for will:
- Feature a compelling investment topic not readily found on other financial websites
- Have a strong narrative that not only brings the reader in, but draws them through the content
- Leaves the reader feeling satisfied with actionable investing advice, but also knowing that our premium products have even more to offer.
- Degree in English, Journalism, Business, Finance, Economics or a related field is preferred
- A passion for the stock market. If you know about the markets and want to gain a more in-depth level of knowledge, this position is ideal
- Precision and a close eye for detail
- A strong, independent work ethic
- Familiarity with Yahoo! Finance, Bloomberg terminal (preferred, not required), and other data sources
The starting salary will be based on your experience and qualifications. We aggressively reward those who show they can work hard, take independent ownership of their responsibilities, and learn quickly. Paid sick/vacation, health, dental, and matching 401(k) included.
This position is located at our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to Jobs@StreetAuthority.com with the subject line: "Stock Market Writers Candidate":
- An introduction email or cover letter explaining why you want to work at StreetAuthority, and why you are the best candidate for this position.
- Previous writing samples you've done that focus on specific stocks or are related to investing (links to online versions are acceptable)
Back to Top
Senior Financial Writer - (Austin, TX/Telecommute)
Do you have what it takes to write for one of the fastest-growing stock market websites in the country?
StreetAuthority.com is looking for experienced, senior-level financial writers to join our team. But we don't want just anyone...
Our writers are investing experts with strong opinions, a proven track record of success (with evidence to back it up), and a love for finding the next great investment that will make money for our readers.
StreetAuthority has become one of the largest media companies in the financial industry by focusing on compelling topics that are not widely covered anywhere else.
As you learn our style, you will be contributing to our premium, fee-paid newsletters, writing website articles for StreetAuthority.com, writing in-depth research reports, and a number of other items. But what we really want are writers who can take the next step and become the main personality and expert behind a premium (paid) newsletter advisory.
Being a newsletter personality involves researching and writing compelling, in-depth articles about your investment recommendations. But it's more than simply writing a "book report" on a stock. You'll have to build your issues around interesting angles that educate and entertain readers. And most important, you'll need to be a leader who isn't afraid to make bold calls and to point out exactly why our readers should trust YOUR judgment and why they should not follow the herd.
Investment Categories You Should Focus on:
We're looking for writers who specialize in one or more of the following categories:
- Income Investing (with a focus on dividend-paying stocks)
- Options Trading (with an emphasis on writing puts and calls as a means to generate income)
- Crisis Investing (show readers how to invest in bear markets and other crisis situations)
- A history of making profitable investments
- Expert-level knowledge of the stock market, with the passion and ability to teach others
- Ability to write in an easy-to-understand, conversational voice
- A creative eye for finding investments and investment themes that aren't covered elsewhere
- A team player willing to pitch in when and where needed to help our fast-growing company
- A positive attitude, and comfort with having your work edited
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills for tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a financial field (finance, business, economics), or related industry experience.
- Prior experience writing financial articles for a highly-visible website or publication.
- Candidates with experience writing financial advisories will be given the most consideration.
- At a minimum, qualified candidates must have experience researching investing ideas and writing articles focused on specific stocks, ETFs and other financial instruments.
Salary level will depend on experience. Full benefits provided, including health insurance and 401(k).
Qualified candidates will be given the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the world. However, the ideal candidate would be willing to relocate to our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to AnalystJobs@StreetAuthority.com with the subject line: "Senior Financial Writers Candidate":
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work at StreetAuthority, and why you are the best candidate for this position. Prove your experience and expertise in all areas mentioned above.
- Resume and Portfolio (links to a website are accepted)
- Previous writing samples you've done that focus on specific stocks or ETFs
Driven Stock Market Writer Needed For Growing Financial Publisher - (Austin, TX)
StreetAuthority, one of the fastest-growing companies in the financial publishing industry, is looking for a talented writer to add to our growing staff.
If you're passionate about the stock market and have an interest in creating compelling content that readers will profit from, then we want to hear from you.
This position is ideal for an entrepreneurial individual who understands the stock market and investing, has writing experience and wants to help our company gain a loyal following.
The right candidate will reside in Austin, TX or be willing to relocate.
Financial Writers are expected to provide independent, unbiased articles, commentaries and guidance on equities and other investment securities to our readership of more than one million individual investors through our website, www.StreetAuthority.com, along with a series of free and subscriber-based online newsletters.
A large portion of the position entails ghostwriting articles for the free newsletters, which are designed to support the premium content. However, there is ample opportunity to write in your own name.
The ideal editorial staff writer:
- Can construct a compelling financial argument not readily found on other financial websites; able to use strong narrative that sets the scene and carries the reader through the content; able to funnel readers toward purchasing premium products
- Is capable of handling multiple projects/assignments simultaneously; can meet deadlines
- Is an efficient, driven worker that can complete routine daily tasks quickly in order to focus on independent projects, articles, research
- Is a critical thinker who is constantly analyzing the markets for timely investment opportunities
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, English, Journalism or a related field is preferred
Back to Top