Assistant Managing Editor
StreetAuthority is seeking a talented candidate to help us:
• Work with writers to produce compelling financial content.
• Edit our investment advisory services, newsletters and websites.
• Proofread, fact check and scrutinize everything we publish.
• Enforce deadlines and ensure our editorial team remains on task.
• Maintain and update reports, content and websites.
• Keep current on everything there is to know about publishing the best financial content in the world.
This is a full-time position that will challenge you to work hard and do your best every day to become a top editor. If you want to advance your career in the fast-growing investment research world with an even faster-growing publisher, we would love to meet you.
The starting salary will be generous and based on your experience and qualifications. Health, dental, 401(k) included.
A close eye for detail and a strong work ethic. Experience with investment newsletters and advisories, and a degree in English, journalism, or marketing is preferred. Investing experience is desired but not required.
We are not looking for candidates seeking part-time or satellite work. If you are not passionate about writing or do not have an incredible eye for detail, we suggest you look elsewhere, as this position will not be right for you.
StreetAuthority is one of the largest publishers of independent financial research, with more than 100,000 subscribers and over a million monthly visitors. Our offices are located in Austin, Texas, one of the fastest growing and most dynamic cities in America named by Forbes as "The nation's #1 'boom town' for the next decade."
Please send your resume along with a brief story about yourself and how you found us to: EditorialJobs@StreetAuthority.com with the subject line: Assistant Managing Editor.
Fast-Growing Financial Publisher Needs Successful Copywriters ASAP!
Are you an experienced direct-response copywriter? Can you persuade prospects to take action? If so . . . then persuade me. We'd love to hear from you. We're looking for a proven direct-response copywriter to promote our 10 investment newsletters. You'll be writing everything from three-line Google ads to 20-page direct mail promotions. Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker with 5+ years of copywriting experience who can juggle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment. You will be working closely with our editors/researchers and top management.
Knowledge of investing and the financial markets is a HUGE plus. StreetAuthority has more than 100,000 paid subscribers and more than 1.7 million unique web site visitors per month.
Compensation includes a base salary with sales royalty. Six-figure compensation potential is real. ONLY writers with direct-response copywriting experience will be considered. For immediate consideration, please send 3 direct-marketing writing samples along with resume to email@example.com. Indicate "copywriter" in the subject line of email. No phone calls please
Experienced Investment Writer
• A history of making profitable investments
Do you have what it takes to write for one of the fastest-growing stock market websites in the country?
StreetAuthority.com is looking for experienced financial writers to join our team. But we don't want just anyone...
Our writers are investing experts with strong opinions, a proven track record of success (with evidence to back it up), and a love for finding the next great investment that will make money for our readers.
Things You Must Bring to the Table:
• Expert-level knowledge of the stock market, with the passion and ability to teach others
• Ability to write in an easy-to-understand, conversational voice
• A creative eye for finding investments and investment themes that aren't covered elsewhere
• A team player willing to pitch in when and where needed to help our fast-growing company
• A positive attitude, and comfort with having your work edited
• Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills for tight deadlines
Investment Categories You Should Focus on:
We're looking for writers who specialize in one or more of the following categories…
• Income investing (with a focus on dividend-paying stocks)
• Growth stocks
• Short-term trading
• Options trading (with an emphasis on writing puts and calls as a means to generate income)
• Crisis investing (show readers how to invest in bear markets and other crisis situations)
Our Vision for This Position:
StreetAuthority has become one of the largest media companies in the financial industry by focusing on compelling topics that are not widely covered anywhere else.
As you learn our style, you will be contributing to our premium, fee-paid newsletters, writing website articles for StreetAuthority.com, writing in-depth research reports, and a number of other items. But what we really want are writers who can take the next step and become the main personality and expert behind a premium (paid) newsletter advisory.
Being a newsletter personality involves researching and writing compelling, in-depth articles about your investment recommendations. But it's more than simply writing a "book report" on a stock. You'll have to build your issues around interesting angles that educate and entertain readers. And most important, you'll need to be a leader who isn't afraid to make bold calls and to point out exactly why our readers should trust YOUR judgment and why they should not follow the herd.
Candidates with experience writing financial advisories will be given the most consideration. At a minimum, qualified candidates must have experience researching investing ideas and writing articles focused on specific stocks, ETFs and other financial instruments.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please follow our instructions below on "HOW TO APPLY."
Prior experience writing financial articles for a highly-visible website or publication. Bachelor's degree in a financial field (finance, business, economics), or related industry experience.
Salary level will depend on experience. Full benefits provided, including health insurance and 401(k).
Qualified candidates will be given the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the world. However, the ideal candidate would be willing to relocate to our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A cover letter explaining why you want to work at StreetAuthority, and why you are the best candidate for this position. Prove your experience and expertise in all areas mentioned above.
• Resume and Portfolio (links to a website are accepted)
• Previous writing samples you've done that focus on specific stocks or ETFs
Freelance Stock Market Writer
We're looking for freelance investment writers to help us ramp up our daily content on StreetAuthority.com
Position: Freelance writer for articles on StreetAuthority.com
StreetAuthority.com is one of the fastest-growing investment publishers in the U.S. Our research and editorial staffs provide independent, unbiased articles, commentaries and guidance on equities, ETFs and other investment securities to a base of more than 1 million individual investors through our website, www.StreetAuthority.com, along with a series of free and subscriber-based online newsletters.
The type of article we're looking for will...
• Feature a compelling topic not readily found on other financial websites
• Have a strong narrative that not only brings the reader in, but draws them through the content
Qualified candidates should meet all of the following requirements...
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, journalism (or related field)
• Previous experience writing about the stock market or the economy at a financial publishing firm, newspaper, magazine or other investment-related firm
• Intimate knowledge of how to research investment ideas and use fundamental analysis to find investment opportunities
• Strong writing skills, with an ability to convey your personality through written word
• Ability to self-edit for grammar, punctuation and typos
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send the following:
|• A copy of your resume.
• Three recent writing samples. They should display your writing skills and showcase the depth and quality of your stock market analysis.
Please submit all requested materials to email@example.com
.NET Web Application Engineer (Austin, TX)
Modify existing web design and development to correct errors, data pulls, Web Page reviews and to evaluate and ensure accurate performance of company hardware & software systems. Design, develop and modify and support existing in house & 3rd party software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models using Classic and ASP.NET platforms in VBScript, VB.NET to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Server management including store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements using IIS, MySQL, Mail Server and DNS. Confer with systems engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities. Must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years of experience in 3.5 ASP.NET, Classic ASP, jQuery, VB.NET, HTML, XML, CSS, XLST.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please send the following:
resumes to HR Director, Streetauthority LLC, 4601 Spicewood Springs Road, Bldg. 3, Ste. 100, Austin, TX 78759 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.