Senior Financial Writer - (Austin, TX/Telecommute)
Do you have what it takes to write for one of the fastest-growing stock market websites in the country?
StreetAuthority.com is looking for experienced, senior-level financial writers to join our team. But we don't want just anyone...
Our writers are investing experts with strong opinions, a proven track record of success (with evidence to back it up), and a love for finding the next great investment that will make money for our readers.
StreetAuthority has become one of the largest media companies in the financial industry by focusing on compelling topics that are not widely covered anywhere else.
As you learn our style, you will be contributing to our premium, fee-paid newsletters, writing website articles for StreetAuthority.com, writing in-depth research reports, and a number of other items. But what we really want are writers who can take the next step and become the main personality and expert behind a premium (paid) newsletter advisory.
Being a newsletter personality involves researching and writing compelling, in-depth articles about your investment recommendations. But it's more than simply writing a "book report" on a stock. You'll have to build your issues around interesting angles that educate and entertain readers. And most important, you'll need to be a leader who isn't afraid to make bold calls and to point out exactly why our readers should trust YOUR judgment and why they should not follow the herd.
Investment Categories You Should Focus on:
We're looking for writers who specialize in one or more of the following categories:
- Income Investing (with a focus on dividend-paying stocks)
- Options Trading (with an emphasis on writing puts and calls as a means to generate income)
- Crisis Investing (show readers how to invest in bear markets and other crisis situations)
- A history of making profitable investments
- Expert-level knowledge of the stock market, with the passion and ability to teach others
- Ability to write in an easy-to-understand, conversational voice
- A creative eye for finding investments and investment themes that aren't covered elsewhere
- A team player willing to pitch in when and where needed to help our fast-growing company
- A positive attitude, and comfort with having your work edited
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills for tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in a financial field (finance, business, economics), or related industry experience.
- Prior experience writing financial articles for a highly-visible website or publication.
- Candidates with experience writing financial advisories will be given the most consideration.
- At a minimum, qualified candidates must have experience researching investing ideas and writing articles focused on specific stocks, ETFs and other financial instruments.
Salary level will depend on experience. Full benefits provided, including health insurance and 401(k).
Qualified candidates will be given the opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the world. However, the ideal candidate would be willing to relocate to our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to AnalystJobs@StreetAuthority.com with the subject line: "Senior Financial Writers Candidate":
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work at StreetAuthority, and why you are the best candidate for this position. Prove your experience and expertise in all areas mentioned above.
- Resume and Portfolio (links to a website are accepted)
- Previous writing samples you've done that focus on specific stocks or ETFs
Back to Top
Editorial Intern - (Austin, TX)
This position is ideal for an enterprising college student interested in creating compelling editorial content, as well as research and editing, specifically in the financial sector. If chosen, you will not be fetching coffee or shuffling papers. You will be learning real, marketable skills within a multi-million dollar financial publishing company.
This person will work directly with the editorial team to produce compelling financial content and post timely, relevant articles on our website and in our online newsletters.
Qualified candidates should meet all of the following requirements:
- 20-30 hours/week availability
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Journalism, Marketing and/or English is preferred
- Introductory knowledge of and a passion for investing and the stock market
- Strong writing and grammatical savvy
- Basic knowledge of HTML, content management systems, and marketing strategies
This internship is located at our home office in Austin, Texas.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this position, please submit the following to Jobs@StreetAuthority.com, with the subject line: Editorial Internship Position
- Cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this internship.
Back to Top